It is January 15th and the Annual Meeting may seem like a long time ago, but we are still buzzing from the People and Nature highlights. We really enjoyed speaking with you about the journal, and were really happy that so many people had heard of the journal already and were interested in submitting – even if you did not have a paper yet!
As we said to those that approached us then, we are always interested in looking at pre-submission enquiries emailed to us.
In the next week or so we will have a conference report published from Associate Editor Andrea Belgrano, our eye in the field, but for now I’ll remind you of where we were, what we were up to, and what you hopefully saw some snapshots of on social media.
- Kevin introducing the (hugely popular) opening Plenary lecture, by Samuel M. ‘Ohukani‘ōhi‘a Gon, III
- Hanging out at the journal stand, playing the buzz wire game, and talking to interested folk like Rob Fish
- The Speed Review Session with BES Editors
- People and Nature drinks reception
- Interviewing the Lead Editors
- The People and Nature Thematic Session and amazing Q and A with Editors (+ hearing from PAN Associate Editor and author of first published paper Steve Redpath on the published paper)
- The amazing illustrator Holly McKelvey speed illustrating sessions… more to come on this soon in another post!